Jack Dorsey, the billionaire CEO of Twitter and mobile-payment company Square, is giving $5 million to Humanity Forward, a group launched by former Democratic presidential candidate Andrew Yang to build the case for a universal basic income. Dorsey, who plans to give away $1 billion of his wealth through a fund called Start Small, announced the seven-figure donation on the newest episode of Yang’s podcast, “Yang Speaks.” Dorsey told Yang that a universal basic income, or UBI, was a “long overdue” idea and “the only way we can change policy is by experimenting and showing case studies of why this works.” Yang says Humanity Forward plans to immediately distribute Dorsey’s contribution in the form of small cash grants of $250 to nearly 20,000 people who’ve lost their jobs or taken an economic hit as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic. Yang’s group has already given away nearly $2 million in direct cash assistance to help communities reeling from the coronavirus pandemic. “Not only will Jack’s donation directly impact tens of thousands of people in need during the current economic downturn, it will help Humanity Forward and our movement continue to make a case for universal basic income in the United… Read full this story
- Next step to equity? Money for nothing: The case for a universal basic income after machines take our jobs
- Universal basic income ditched in Canada, even as US cities try welfare experiment
- Could a Universal Basic Income Work in the US?
- These Policies Could Move America Toward a Universal Basic Income
- Twitter Is Left-leaning but Does Not Censor Based on Politics: Jack Dorsey
- A Twitter engineer says he's deleting the app from his own phone in a protest of CEO Jack Dorsey's policies (TWTR)
- Twitter Users Mock Jack Dorsey's Rationale For Alex Jones' 7-Day Suspension
- Why Won't Twitter Ban Alex Jones or Infowars? Jack Dorsey Answers
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey just called in to Sean Hannity's radio show to discuss the recent 'shadow banning' accusations (TWTR)
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Won't Suspend Alex Jones, Says It's On Media To ‘Refute’ His Lies
Twitter’s Jack Dorsey Is Giving Andrew Yang $5 Million to Build the Case for a Universal Basic Income have 348 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at May 21, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.