Even as the criticism of Wikipedia’s left-wing political bias intensifies, including from the site’s co-founder Larry Sanger, the major tech platforms continue to use the online encyclopedia in their services and rely on it as a model for addressing “fake news” concerns. Rather than improving their services, the integration of Wikipedia into Big Tech platforms has, instead, made them disseminate false or biased information.Big Tech has deepened its effort to integrate Wikipedia into its services at every opportunity. As the tech overlords of Silicon Valley such as Mark Zuckerberg and Jack Dorsey claim they are not the “arbiters of truth,” they are increasingly using Wikipedia to fill that role despite its extreme left-wing bias. As the focus remains on the bias at the Silicon Valley Masters of the Universe themselves, and their ability to control and influence everyday political conversations, the role of Wikipedia in informing these conversations has largely been portrayed positively by left-wing media outlets. Criticism from conservative commentators and media outlets has been dismissed by its community. This has included recent criticism from Sanger, who co-founded the site with Jimmy Wales, despite him having listed numerous examples of how articles on several political topics exhibited a left-wing… Read full this story
- Regulators spur debate on fines to rein in Big Tech
- Can fines rein in Big Tech?
- Congress vows to pursue regulation of big tech with open mind
- Meet Big Tech’s new foe – a congressman who fought City Hall
- FTC chief prepared to break up Big Tech — if he ‘has to’
- A congressman who fought City Hall is Big Tech's new foe
- Trump accuses big tech of bias against conservative voices
- The Latest: Agency promises 'fair-minded' probe on Big Tech
- Editorial: What Big Tech has to fear from federal inquiry
- Big tech is armed and ready for the antitrust fight
Who Is Big Tech’s ‘Arbiter of Truth’? More than Ever, It’s a Corrupt, Orwellian Wikipedia have 308 words, post on www.breitbart.com at May 28, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.