This is a carousel. Use Next and Previous buttons to navigate 3 Florida. The NBA is about to bubble down in Florida. In a moment, a better idea. But why Florida? Apparently, there were no leper colonies available. Maybe because COVID-19 seems to be Florida's official state disease. It's a place where coronavirus warnings are like UFO sightings: charming and fun and a bit scary, but nothing to get all worried about. The WNBA and Major League Soccer also are planning to enbubble in Florida (credit to CBS Sports football analyst Amy Trask for inventing the word "enbubble"). Seriously, why Florida? It was one of the slowest states to shut down, one of the quickest to reopen. Florida has been a leader and innovator in manipulating virus tracking data, in keeping with the state's Latin motto: Data, schmatta . Maybe it's the optimism that Florida radiates. Gov. Ron DeSantis took what he called a "victory lap" seven weeks ago when he reopened the state. He scoffed at the "doom and gloom" media. "Victory" might have been a tad strong. On coronavirus heat maps, Florida glows like it's radioactive. Data released Saturday show 4,049 new cases, marking a single-day high for… Read full this story
- 'Sound of Music' now younger, sexier in revitalized Famous Artists production (Review)
- David Bixler Auction Project Blends Jazz, Celtic and Afro-Cuban Sounds
- Nuggets’ Will Barton stays close with teammates during rehab: “I’m still in the fight”
- Golden State Warriors light years ahead of where they were last time against Clippers as DeMarcus Cousins returns
- Jack White on Vinyl, Nashville and 10 Years of Third Man Records
- Nothing Feels Better Than Complaining! We’ve Got Gripes About Scooter Vandals, Food Carts and Knute Buehler’s Goatee.
- Rutgers vs. Seton Hall basketball rivalry: A history of high jinks
- Alabama-Clemson: Some sequels are always blockbusters
- The calamitous rise and fall of Larry Langford
- Warriors, 127, Kings 123: Warriors feature Stephen Curry in entire fourth quarter
Bubble burst: NBA’s plan to play in coronavirus hotbed as crazy as it sounds have 333 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at June 20, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.