London (CNN Business)China has vowed to make a “necessary and legitimate” response after the US government designated four more Chinese state media outlets as “foreign diplomatic missions.” On Monday, the Trump administration announced that it would treat China Central Television (CCTV), China News Service, the People’s Daily and the Global Times as arms of the Chinese government, arguing that they are under the control of the Chinese Communist Party. The designation means the outlets must now submit to the rules that cover diplomatic missions, such as providing detailed information about their employees — whether Chinese or not — and notifying the US government about any real estate transactions. Five Chinese outlets —Xinhua, CCTV subsidiary China Global Television Network, China Radio International, China Daily and People’s Daily parent Hai Tian Development USA — were given the same label in February. At a regular briefing on Tuesday, China’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs criticized the United States for its “political suppression of Chinese media” and argued it would undermine their reporting. State Department asks Americans working for Chinese media to share personal details “It also further exposed the hypocrisy of the so-called freedom of press and speech boasted by the US,” Zhao Lijian,… Read full this story
- Chinese Runners Allegedly Revealed State-Sponsored Doping In 1995, IAAF Suspicious
- China’s Idiotic Elevated Bus Concept Turned Out to be a Scam
- Jackson targeting a fresh start in new surroundings
- Paul Elio Responds to Skeptics
- The Latest: Shiite militias vow response to Basra protests
- Macedonia referendum: PM vows to go ahead with name change
- Mesut Ozil hasn't 'Retired' but is he to blame or the German FA and Media?
- Urban Meyer rally only distracts from real issue at heart of Ohio State investigation
- Why We May Not See The Next Ford Taurus, But China Will
- Clemson responds to Christian Wilkins striptease video from Dabo Swinney Ladies Clinic
China vows to respond after US targets more state media outlets have 303 words, post on edition.cnn.com at June 23, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.