Manu Tuilagi could be heading out of English rugby after failing to agree terms with Leicester on an amended contract. England duo George Ford and Ellis Genge were among those who left their decision until 'deadline day' to finally put pen to paper. But Tuilagi is understood to have rejected a revised deal and, barring a change of heart from either party, is likely to leave the 10-time English champions. That prospect will alert the wealthy clubs of France and Japan who have long coveted the 29-year-old England and Lions centre. A year ago Tuilagi signed a contract extension at Welford Road, but only after rejecting a bumper £2.5 million offer to join Racing 92 in France. At the time he said: "I love the club and I want to repay the loyalty they have shown me in my time here." Both Genge and Ford are set to take pay cuts, though prop Genge has had another year added to his contract. In stark contrast to the brinkmanship at Leicester, Tigers' great East Midlands rivals Northampton confirmed last night that all their stars had recommitted their futures to the club. These include England squad quintet Courtney Lawes, Lewis Ludlam, Piers… Read full this story
- Manu Tuilagi's previous outing on the wing: flashes of brilliance and flirts with disaster
- Picking Manu Tuilagi on the wing is a gamble - but it could unlock the England puzzle
- Shape-shifting England backline with 'false 14' Manu Tuilagi underpins Eddie Jones view that 'numbers are archaic'
- 'We used to get stuck in the man test': How the Leicester Tigers attack is evolving
- From China to Best Buy: Gaming controllers hit bumps on way to US consumers
- Why Henry Slade is centre of attention since England stopped playing by numbers
- Adaptable, dynamic, but risky - analysis of Eddie Jones' England team to face Australia
- England v Australia, player ratings: Freddie Steward and Marcus Smith deliver assured performances
- Sport's life lessons: nothing is more important than a good start
- Chopping boards, the wrong Burger and the cult of Erasmus: 33 things we learned from the Lions tour
Manu Tuilagi could be on way out of Leicester after contract 'deadline' passes have 343 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at June 30, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.