Several regions in Queensland are shivering through negative temperatures as an airflow is pushed across the state. Warwick in the state’s southeast was the coldest town this morning, with residents waking up to an icy -2C just before 6am. Kingaroy is experiencing its third morning in a row of negative temperatures, with a frosty -1.9C recorded at 5am. Most of the Darling Downs and Granite Belt region also dropped into subzero territory, recording -1.9C at Wellcamp Airport, -0.7C at Oakey and -1.1C at Applethorpe. Brisbane was forecast to dip down to a minimum of just 6C, which would have been the city’s coldest morning in two years, but hit lows of a slightly warmer 10C. The river city recorded its coldest morning for 2020 on Tuesday, when the mercury dropped to 9.1C. Things are a bit more sunny on the Gold Coast, with lows of 12C and tops of 20C expected later today. The Bureau of Meteorology’s Peter Markworth said the frosty mornings are due to dry winds sweeping across the state. “There’s an airflow being pushed right across Queensland, covering it like a big blanket of dry air,” he said. “Temperatures could still go down, Kingaroy got lower than… Read full this story
- Mumbai Weather Update: Parts of city, Thane receives rains amid winter, temperature dips, smog seen
- More than 60 bushfires are burning in the state of New South Wales in Australia
- CBS2 Weather Headlines: Monday Shaping Up As A Nice Day
- Met Office issues fresh snow and ice warning for most of the UK tonight with temperatures in London set to plunge to minus FIVE on Saturday - while Britain braces for second arctic blast from Siberia dubbed 'Beast from the East II'
- Britain braces for more ice and freezing fog as temperatures fall to -7C overnight following the coldest night of winter so far
- Delhi-NCR receives early morning showers for second day in a row
- UK weather – Snow blankets North with 10cm more on the way as temperatures drop to -13 amid ice warnings
- Pittsburgh Weather: Dry Conditions And Warmer Temperatures Begin Wednesday
- Pittsburgh Weather: Lingering Snow Chances, Cold Temperatures
- Temperatures set to plummet by up to 10 C
Weather Australia: Parts of Queensland dropped to negative temperatures this morning have 361 words, post on www.news.com.au at June 25, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.