British holidaymakers jetting to Ibiza or Majorca will have to wear face masks whenever they leave their hotel rooms, it emerged today. Governors responsible for the Balearic Islands confirmed they were tightening the rules hours after Catalonia became the first Spanish region since the end of the country’s state of emergency to make them obligatory at virtually all times in public. It has not yet been confirmed if they will be mandatory on the islands’ beaches. Catalonia, which includes Barcelona and the Costa Brava, was expected to make sunseekers wear them even when they were topping up their tans, although on Wednesday it emerged the exceptions on their use extended to sunbathing. British holidaymakers jetting to Ibiza or Majorca will have to wear face masks whenever they leave their hotel rooms, it emerged today. Pictured: British tourists without masks in Magaluf, Majorca, on Wednesday The new rules on face masks have already kicked in in Catalonia and are expected to start applying in the Balearic Islands from Saturday. Britons who were pictured arriving in Majorca on Wednesday were not wearing masks. RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Ibiza offers free holiday accommodation for NHS staff to… Serbian riot police batter rock-hurling… Read full this story
- London transport bosses say 90% of passengers ARE wearing face masks – but 1,700 fines have been dished out since July in crackdown on flouters
- When did shoppers stop following the rules? Morrisons and Sainsbury's pledge to ban people who are not wearing masks amid calls for ALL supermarkets to bring in bouncers as staff struggle to control customers
- Transcript: Dr. Deborah Birx on "Face the Nation," January 24, 2021
- Full Transcript: Dr. Deborah Birx on "Face the Nation," January 24, 2021
- Mask-less thug attacks Co-op worker in row over face-covering - as independent shop boss says smaller stores 'can't afford guards' like big supermarkets
- Foreigners without face masks punished with push-ups in Bali
- Around 1.4 million Britons in Spain face travel chaos as government introduces compulsory two-week 'house arrest' quarantine amid scramble to return home after bombshell axing of 'air bridge'
- Trapped in paradise: Tourist fears she will be stuck in the Maldives as Brits scramble to get back to the UK before rule requiring negative Covid test comes into force on Friday amid fury at government for STILL not revealing what tests are acceptable
- Dropped the ball again, Matt? Hoodie-wearing Health Secretary plays rugby with his sons as he's seen for second time over weekend... after Boris issued urgent plea for public to 'stay at home'
- Nearly 30,000 are fined for flouting: Cops eject Sainsbury's shopper for refusing to wear mask while officers find four friends in crashed car after 50-mile trip to beauty spot... among latest rule-breachers snared in Covid crackdown
British tourists on Ibiza or Majorca will have to wear face masks even when outside from Saturday or face a £90 fine have 442 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at July 9, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.