Democrat Joe Biden, who is challenging US President Donald Trump in the November 2020 election, unveiled a major economic plan in Pennsylvania on the same day. Vice President Mike Pence visited the state, a sign of the importance of the battleground. —AFP/VNA Photo DUNMORE, United States — Joe Biden unveiled a US$700 billion plan on Thursday to create millions of jobs and invest in new technologies in an aggressive challenge to President Donald Trump on economic policy, a critical campaign issue ahead of November’s election. Biden presented the sweeping “Build Back Better” proposal, a contrast to Trump’s “America first” agenda, during a speech at a metal works plant in Pennsylvania, a battleground state seen as critical to either candidate’s election victory. The Democratic challenger’s manufacturing and innovation plan aims to bring back jobs lost during the coronavirus pandemic, and create more than five million new jobs by investing in domestic production and research and shrinking foreign supply chains. The multi-pronged approach also tightens “Buy America” guidelines, promotes new tax rules including hiking the country’s corporate tax rate to 28 per cent from 21 per cent, and supports expanding union access to empower American workers. “That’s what my plan is, to… Read full this story
- ELECTIONS-MANIFESTO-BLP looking to fund its recovery plan through debt restructuring
- State Oversight Board Approves Five-Year Recovery Plan For Hartford
- This is the 'recovery plan' put in place to improve Northern Rail
- AXA Mansard Health unveils ‘Easy Care Health Plan’
- IMF says economy is slowing following 2016 recovery
- Flake doesn't rule out challenging Trump in 2020
- Iran challenges Trump over nuclear deal exit: 'You cannot do a damn thing'
- Thoughts on the Trump economy so far
- Why the GOP needs someone — anyone — to challenge Trump in 2020
- E.J. Dionne: Challenging Trump’s Christian apologists
Challenging Trump on economy, Biden unveils $700 bn recovery plan have 300 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at July 10, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.