President Donald Trump defended his clemency order for his longtime supporter and self-described dirty trickster Roger Stone on Monday with a rant against the ‘deep state’ and arguing he was getting ‘rave reviews’ for his action. ‘I’m getting rave reviews, frankly, for what I did for Roger Stone,’ he said during a law enforcement event at the White House. Attorney General Bill Barr was at the event and didn’t address Stone’s clemency despite reports he and other White House officials tried to prevent Trump from letting his pal off the hook when it came to serving jail time, worried about the political implications in an election year. Shortly after he spoke, his full clemency order was published showing that as well as avoiding jail, Stone was relieved from paying a $20,000 fine and from four years of probation and 250 hours of community service. President Trump, as he defended his action, brought up his longtime complaint that a ‘deep state’ was working against him, mentioning Peter Strzok and Lisa Page – the two former FBI officers who were part of the counterintelligence investigation into his campaign – and former FBI director Andrew McCabe, who authorized an investigation into the president. … Read full this story
- Donald Trump's disgraced national security adviser Mike Flynn tries to WITHDRAW his guilty plea claiming government 'acted in bad faith' against him and he is INNOCENT
- Donald Trump and David Duke Are Sinister Soul Brothers
- Donald Trump Has Never Been More Dangerous Than He Is Now
- Will Trump Be Meeting With His Counterpart — Or His Handler?
- The Wall Street Journal's Trump problem
- There Was No Russia Conspiracy. But Trump Is More Dangerous Than Ever.
- Felicity Huffman asks to spend her two weeks in jail in a 'luxury Club Fed': College cheating scandal actress wants to serve her short stint in a one of America's 'cushiest prisons' that has NO BARS and been dubbed 'Chateau Dublin'
- Tropical trip: President Trump slams Democrats for attending Puerto Rico retreat during government shutdown
- Q&A: Pete Buttigieg on the monumental task of cleaning up Trump’s mess
- Colm Tóibín, Anne Enright, Roddy Doyle ... the Easter Rising 100 years on
Donald Trump defends commuting Roger Stone's prison sentence with attack on 'deep state' enemies - as dirty trickster is revealed to have also escaped a $20,000 fine and four years probation have 352 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at July 13, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.