America’s top infectious disease expert Dr Anthony Fauci today demanded that Donald Trump share coronavirus wonder drug remdesivir with the world after the US bought up most of the globe’s supply. Dr Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, says he is in favour of an ‘equitable type of distribution’ of the treatment – one of only two drugs proven to be effective against Covid-19. Donald Trump was today accused of ‘undermining’ the global coronavirus fight by potentially denying the rest of the world supplies of remdesivir. Remdesivir is the only drug approved in the US to treat coronavirus. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announced the purchase on Monday. It means that any other country will be hard-pressed to get access to the potentially life-saving antiviral medication. Speaking to BBC Radio 4, Dr Fauci said: ‘I’ve always been as a scientist and a public health official one that feels strongly that whenever you get an intervention, you should have a real careful look at the equity of trying to get some reasonable equitable type of distribution, particularly when you get a product that’s limited’. The scientist said that if the US produces the best vaccine, it… Read full this story
- Every pro wrestler respects a good shtick. That's why this one voted for Donald Trump.
- Kamala Harris and the US state looking to take down Trump
- Russia World Cup 2018 squad guide: Latest group news and updates
- The Making of a Magician: How Kevin De Bruyne Became One of the World's Best
- PINKERTON: Trump Lays Down the Law to Big Pharma, Embraces the Cure Strategy
- AP Exclusive: Golf club shows pitfalls of Trump presidency
- Week in Wrestling: Terry Funk on WrestleMania 33; Brian Cage on his Trump-loving character
- Week in Wrestling: Scott Hall says WWE should welcome back Hulk Hogan
- Robinson Cano's statement on suspension says he wouldn't cheat 'game that I love'
- Carli Lloyd says family disowned her over soccer ambitions, 2007 Hope Solo spat
Dr Fauci says US should share remdesivir with the world after Trump administration cornered world supply in drug used to treat Covid-19 have 323 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at July 2, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.