President Donald Trump’s aides are misrepresenting the record on kids and the coronavirus as they push for schools to reopen.White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany on Monday inaccurately characterized what the chief of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has said on the matter. A day earlier, Education Secretary Betsy DeVos also was wrong in stating that the research shows there is no danger “in any way” if kids are in school.No such conclusion has been reached.Their comments came as Trump continued to spread falsehoods about a pandemic that is taking a disproportionate hit on the U.S. and is not under control.A look at recent claims and reality:SCHOOLSMcENANY: “Just last week you heard Dr. Redfield say that children are not spreading this.” — Monday on Fox News Channel’s “Fox and Friends”THE FACTS: No, Dr. Robert Redfield, the CDC director, did not say that. He said officials don’t have evidence that children are “driving” infections at this point. But they have not ruled out that children spread the virus to adults.Dr. Deborah Birx, the White House coronavirus coordinator, said last week the government doesn’t have enough data to show whether and to what degree kids can… Read full this story
- Fox News Fact Checks Donald Trump on Saudi Arabia Business Denials
- AP Fact Check: President Trump’s epic speech is laced with fabrication
- Fact Check: Is Trump Responsible for Falling Gasoline Prices?
- AP FACT CHECK: Skewed Trump, Barr claims on Mueller report
- Fact check: Trump on Russia probe, border; Pruitt claims
- Fact check: Trump inflates his record to see himself outperforming history
- Fact Check: Has Donald Trump convinced his critics there’s an emergency at the border?
- Fact-Checking Trump’s New Hampshire Rally
- Trump's Tax 'Miracle,' Immigration Flip-Flops: Fact Check
- Donald Trump, Gunrunner For Hire
Fact-check: Donald Trump team’s false comfort on schools, coronavirus have 300 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at July 13, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.