Legend has it that Chuck Norris once contracted COVID-19, and the virus had to go into a 14-day quarantine. Ok, so that might be another myth among Chuck Norrisisms, the legendary actor and martial artist who recently weighed in on the importance of sports in America. In particular, professional sports on TV in America. “There is so much said and written about this pandemic on a daily basis that it becomes difficult to sort things out,” Norris wrote in a recent column. “But observing the unfolding social experiment that is the return of professional sports in the midst of a pandemic can serve as a teachable moment for all of us.” The column was titled “Return of Televised Professional Sports Is More Than a Game,” and it dives into various opinions of different sports writers from various outlets. Get your unlimited Newsweek trial > Norris is a notorious athlete so good that one time when he ran around the world, and when crossing the finish line, he ran into his own backside that hadn’t crossed the starting point yet. And after that, instead of cutting the lawn at his Texas ranch, he stood on the porch and dared the grass… Read full this story
- Donald Trump quits Twitter because he's 'too busy putting America first'
- For survivors of school shootings in America, life is never the same
- Trump says 'no,' Russia not still targeting US
- Big interview: TV presenter Charlie Webster on her near-death ordeal
- On This Day, July 19 2008: Five-star showing from Down
- Edited Transcript of CRL earnings conference call or presentation 31-Jul-19 12:30pm GMT
- The major changes to PRO14 fixtures and TV details explained
- EFL 2018-19: How Frank Lampard, Joey Barton and young managers can survive
- Golden State Killer: How late crime writer Michelle McNamara inspired capture of suspected serial murderer
- Kellyanne Conway’s husband schools Trump while appearing to defend FBI raid of Michael Cohen's office
Chuck Norris Says Sports on TV is Vital To America's Recovery From COVID-19 have 310 words, post on www.newsweek.com at August 11, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.