President Donald Trump said he will travel to Louisiana and Texas this weekend to see the damage wrought by Hurricane Laura after the storm wreaked devastation there when it may landfall over night. The president also said he was prepared to postpone his speech Thursday night to the Republican National Convention because of the storm and give it on Monday instead. ‘I was actually prepared to postpone the speech tonight and make it on Monday,’ he said. President Trump, with Vice President Mike Pence at FEMA, said he would visit Louisiana and Texas this weekend to see the damage from Hurricane Laura Eric Trump also attended the FEMA briefing, standing back against the wall A car submerged in a flood on Pier Rd after Hurricane Laura hit the area overnight in Orange, Texas Instead, he will accept the GOP nomination for a second term in the White House live from the South Lawn as scheduled on Thursday night and visit the hurricane-hurt areas over the weekend. ‘We’ll probably be going on Saturday or Sunday, and we’ll be heading to Texas and Louisiana, and maybe an additional stop. So that’ll either be on Saturday, a little bit in the afternoon, or Sunday,’ he… Read full this story
- The Lawsuits Against Donald Trump Are Stacking Up Over "Stop The Steal"
- Trump digs in on attacks against Republican leaders
- Trump faces an onslaught of legal problems as lawsuits and investigations trail him
- The Hill's 12:30 Report - Presented by Facebook - Biden convenes world leaders for Earth Day
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Tax March - Biden, lawmakers start down a road with infrastructure
- The Hill's Morning Report - Biden, McConnell agree on vaccines, clash over infrastructure
- The Hill's Morning Report - Biden tasks Harris on border; news conference today
- The Hill's Morning Report - Biden assails 'epidemic' of gun violence amid SC, Texas shootings
- Joe Biden’s Border Rules Separate Tens of Thousands of Families
- The Hill's 12:30 Report: Biden defends Afghanistan withdrawal after pushback
Donald Trump says he will fly to see Hurricane Laura's devastation at weekend after FEMA briefing on impact - which he brought son Eric to have 328 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at August 27, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.