Special feature Cyberwar and the Future of Cybersecurity Today’s security threats have expanded in scope and seriousness. There can now be millions — or even billions — of dollars at risk when information security isn’t handled properly. Read More A group of elite hackers associated with the Iranian government has been detected attacking the US private and government sector, according to a security alert sent by the FBI last week.While the alert, called a Private Industry Notification, didn’t identify the hackers by name, sources have told ZDNet that the group is tracked by the larger cyber-security community under codenames such as Fox Kitten or Parasite.Iran’s cyber operations “spear tip”A former government cyber-security analyst, now working for a private security firm, called the group as Iran’s “spear tip” when it comes to cyber-attacks.He described the group’s primary task as having to provide an “initial beachead” to other Iranian hacking groups — such as APT33 (Shamoon), Oilrig (APT34), or Chafer.To reach its goals, Fox Kitten primarily operates by attacking high-end and expensive network equipment using exploits for recently disclosed vulnerabilities, before companies had enough time to patch devices. Due to the nature of the devices they attack, targets primarily include large private corporations and government networks.Once the… Read full this story
- FBI Probes Democratic Hack As Russia Blamed
- Israeli army says "Hamas hacks into soldiers' phones"
- FBI says probe into Dayton shooter’s motives nearing end
- Tell Prince Andrew to call FBI says message on U.S-style bus near palace
- Michael Gove must do more to protect vulnerable girls, say women's groups
- Nevada's powerful Culinary Union says members were 'viciously attacked' by Sanders' supporters
- The multimillion-dollar Christian group attacking LGBTQ+ rights
- Saudi-led coalition says foiled Red Sea attack by Yemen's Houthis
- ‘They’ll Rain Holy Hell’: Meghan McCain Says The Democratic Primary Attacks Are Just Beginning
- Iranian hackers have been hacking VPN servers to plant backdoors in companies around the world
FBI says an Iranian hacking group is attacking F5 networking devices have 329 words, post on www.zdnet.com at August 10, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.