Rishi Sunak has set out his ‘three Rs’ plan for a post-lockdown Britain: ‘Relight’ the economy, ‘Return’ to work, and ‘Re-open’ schools. The Chancellor’s new programme is intended to save Britain from economic disaster amid the ‘worst ever’ recession brought about during the coronavirus crisis. Mr Sunak said that Britons should ‘safely’ return to work, along with shops and restaurants, adding that now is the time for ‘everyone to rally round and really fire up the economy together’. He told the Sun: ’Whether it’s going back to school or work in the office again, going to your local restaurant or pub for a meal or visiting your local shops for a bit of retail therapy, if we all play our part we can relight our economic firepower together. ‘I know that businesses around the country have taken extraordinary steps to make sure everyone can do so confidently and safely.’ Mr Sunak said Britain had seen adversity before and emerged stronger, and this time would be ‘no different’. ‘As people get back to going shopping or going out for a meal or indeed getting back to their office they will see that it’s a new normal . . . a safe normal,’… Read full this story
- Rishi Sunak issues three Rs rallying call as he urges Brits to Relight economy, Return to work and Re-open schools
- Get Britain back to work! Top Tories pile pressure on Boris Johnson to make a return to offices as important as re-opening school classrooms
- Is Rishi Sunak, the people's chancellor, about to lose his crown?
- UK heading 'into worst recession in a century' as four million Brits face dole
- Grace Dent's guide to post-lockdown eating out: 'I can now emote happy, sad and “can I get the bill” in a face mask’
- Tory cuts pave the way for a return to 80s dole queues
- Britons will accept home schooling, local lockdowns and bans on live audiences if a coronavirus vaccine can't be found, survey finds
- UK in recession for first time in 11 years as GDP figures confirm record 20.4% plunge
- Rishi Sunak declares 'many more' will lose their jobs as UK plunges into recession
Rishi's three Rs for post-lockdown Britain: Chancellor announces plans to 'Relight' the economy, 'Return' to work and 'Re-open' schools (just don't mention the worst-ever 'Recession') have 352 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at August 13, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.