“Vaccine Nationalism” must not stop equitable access to a vaccine against the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) when it is eventually discovered, international experts said at an Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) conference on novel ideas in science and the ethics of vaccines against the pandemic.India, with its vaccine manufacturing capability, would play an important role in access to a vaccine once it becomes available, US infectious disease expert Dr Antony Fauci said at the event via video conferencingon July 30. Dr Peter Piot, director of the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, stressed the need to make vaccines both accessible and acceptable to the people.Click here for full Covid-19 coverageDr Poonam Khetralpal Singh, the World Health Organisation’s regional director for South-East Asia, said in an interview with Anonna Dutt that governments, health agencies and civil society must work together to ensure those who need it the most get vaccinated on a priority basis, irrespective of their nationality, where they live, their education levels, socioeconomic status, or gender. Edited excerpts from the interview:When do you expect the first vaccines to become available?Traditionally, it takes 5-10 years, or even more, for a new vaccine to be developed… Read full this story
- Global bodies seek action for Africa's aviation safety
- Rural internet is key to Iowa’s development, but broadband’s real reach is murky
- Marmomac international stone fair attracts over 1,650 firms
- Einstein on Customer Service: E2=MC2
- EDAP Reports First Quarter 2012 Financial Results (marketwatch - Financial Year
- Management mythos: The dilemma of recruitment (Management Issues)
- Engineering firm to study Fifth Street bridge
- Amazing Olympics Engineering and Design
- Are "Burning Hassles" Melting Your Morale and Pulverizing Your Productivity?
- NASA news: Stunning Hubble supernova video shows blue shock waves travel through space
Speed, safety, fairness key for vaccine: WHO regional director have 292 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at August 2, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.