8:49 AM ISTDaniel BrettigAssistant editor, ESPNcricinfo CloseAssistant editor Daniel Brettig had been a journalist for eight years when he joined ESPNcricinfo, but his fascination with cricket dates back to the early 1990s, when his dad helped him sneak into the family lounge room to watch the end of day-night World Series matches well past bedtime. Unapologetically passionate about indie music and the South Australian Redbacks, Daniel’s chief cricketing achievement was to dismiss Wisden Almanack editor Lawrence Booth in the 2010 Ashes press match in Perth – a rare Australian victory that summer.Follow on TwitterFacebookTwitterFacebook MessengerPinterestEmailprintCricketing radical Trent Woodhill has quit as Melbourne Stars list manager to help Cricket Australia chart a way forward for the Big Bash League, in a mirror of his role advising the ECB on the launch of The Hundred.In a role assisting the head of the BBL, Alistair Dobson, with “global player acquisition” and the broader shape of the league, Woodhill will bring his outspokenness and livewire ideas to a competition that is desperately grasping to trend up again after losing crowds and broadcast ratings in the two seasons since it was expanded to a full home and away league in 2018.There are few projects considered… Read full this story
- Cricket Australia contributed to circumstances surrounding ball-tampering scandal, review finds
- Cricket Australia review: Were Smith, Warner and Bancroft scapegoats in ball-tampering scandal?
- Cricket Australia's response to five key recommendations from the Ethics Centre
- A lot to learn about mental health issues - Cricket Australia's Ben Oliver
- Cricket Australia and its players need to fix their bad relationship for the game to heal
- Cricket Australia accepts responsibility for slipping standards, but it must be held to account
- Twelve months of paid leave under Cricket Australia parental policy
- Cricket Australia rain rule tied umpires' hands for Sydney T20I
- Cricket Australia upholds bans on Steve Smith, David Warner, Cameron Bancroft over ball-tampering
- David Warner Century Against Bangladesh Sends Australia Top Of World Cup Table
Trent Woodhill to advise Cricket Australia on the BBL's future have 326 words, post on www.espncricinfo.com at August 4, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.