Johnson & Johnson said Wednesday it has launched the final stage of a single-shot COVID-19 vaccine trial the company hopes will determine if the vaccine is safe and effective by the end of the year or early next year. The company said 60,000 volunteers are participating in the trial in the U.S., Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru and South Africa. A number of other coronavirus vaccines in the U.S. and other countries already are in final-stage testing, including those developed by Moderna Inc. and Pfizer Inc. Many vaccine specialists question whether the U.S. Food and Drug Administration will cut corners to get final approval from President Donald Trump, who has consistently presented a testing timeline that is shorter than experts say is acceptable to fully test the candidates. President Trump, who has predicted a vaccine will be available by the November 3 presidential election, pushed again Wednesday for accelerated approval of a vaccine, tweeting the FDA “must move quickly!” U.S. National Institutes of Health Director Dr. Francis Collins told reporters this week, however, that “We want to do everything we can without sacrificing safety or efficacy.” The Washington Post reported Wednesday the FDA, in an effort to promote transparency,… Read full this story
- East Carolina's Britt Johnson Has and Always Will Be a Pirate at Heart
- Harvick Sweeps Phoenix as Johnson Expands His Championship Lead - SCI November 13th Issue
- Remembering The Great Dennis Johnson
- Stevens Johnson Syndrome Lawyer and SJS Lawsuit Litigation
- Quotations #19
- Stimulating the Body's Defenses to Fight Cancer
- Quotations #35
- Win Against Sin! Now THAT's Good News!
- Stock Car Insider - May 15th Issue
- Days of Darkness (AD 535-AD 546)
Johnson & Johnson Launches Final-Stage COVID-19 Vaccine Trial have 268 words, post on www.voanews.com at September 23, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.