Nicola Sturgeon today warned Scotland must ‘step up’ its efforts to stop the spread of coronavirus if it is to avoid another nationwide economic shutdown. The First Minister said Scotland was at a ‘key moment’ in the battle against the disease after a recent surge in case numbers. She said ‘as we have released ourselves from lockdown we have also released the virus from lockdown’ and that could force her to ‘put the brakes on’ plans to further ease restrictions. Ms Sturgeon also said the increase in cases was largely being driven by younger people ‘interacting more’ as she cautioned if such behaviour continues the virus ‘will eventually seep into older and more vulnerable groups’. No new coronavirus deaths have been reported in Scotland in the last 24 hours but 146 new cases have been recorded. A total of 2,496 patients have now died in Scotland after testing positive for coronavirus. Nicola Sturgeon today said Scotland needs to ‘step up’ its efforts to combat the spread of coronavirus if it is to avoid a second economic shutdown RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Michel Barnier lashes out at Boris Johnson over threat to… Teacher tests positive for Covid-19 at school visited… Read full this story
- Nicola Sturgeon warned SNP support could 'melt away' after independence failure
- Covid in Scotland: Nicola Sturgeon warns Scots against travel to Blackpool
- Nicola Sturgeon warns she could impose new lockdown rules as inquiry to start this year
- Nicola Sturgeon LIVE: New Scotland lockdown looms – Covid rules set to be reinforced TODAY
- Biden to unveil new strategy to combat delta variant amid surging case numbers
- Nicola Sturgeon won’t rule out more Covid restrictions as cases soar
- Nicola Sturgeon urged to ‘unite behind UK’ by Boris Johnson after falling short of majority in Scotland
- Nicola Sturgeon 'caught red-handed' after bombshell Covid report contradicts SNP claim
- Nicola Sturgeon dealt huge ultimatum by EU insider: 'Adopt euro or no membership'
- Nicola Sturgeon’s vaccine passport plan could force live events to move to England
Nicola Sturgeon warns parts of Scotland's economy could be closed down again if it fails to 'step up' efforts to stop the spread of coronavirus after surge in case numbers have 322 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at September 7, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.