Vietnam home to nearly 50,000 rooftop solar projects There are some 50,000 operational rooftop solar projects around Vietnam (Illustrative photo: VNA) There are some 50,000 operational rooftop solar projects around Vietnam with a combined capacity of about 1,200 MWp, Electricity of Vietnam (EVN) has revealed. Of these, 25,700 with 758.2 MWp were installed in the first eight months of 2020. EVN reported that the sector generated and imported a total of 164.05 billion kWh from January-August, a year-on-year rise of 2.01 percent. Of this, hydropower produced 39.03 billion kWh, down 12.75 percent against the same period last year, and coal-fired plants 88.87 billion kWh, up 11.66 percent. Meanwhile, 24.96 billion kWh was generated by gas-fuelled plants and 1.04 billion kWh by oil-fired plants, respectively. Electricity produced from renewable sources totalled 7.27 billion kWh. Some 6.39 billion kWh was from solar energy alone, surpassing the target and up 2.94-fold compared to the same period of 2019. Notably, the proportion of customers using cashless payments for electricity bills stood at 61.5 percent in August./. Deputy PM urges PetroVietnam to boost exploration, exploitation capacity Deputy Prime Minister Truong Hoa Binh has urged the Vietnam Oil and Gas Group (PetroVietnam) to enhance its capacity in petroleum exploration and exploitation to develop the… Read full this story
- Guam's mayors announce Village News for April 13, 2019
- Business Breakfast LIVE: Rail firms to be timed to the minute in new crack down on late arrivals
- Business Breakfast LIVE: M&S to offer grocery deliveries after striking £750m Ocado deal
- Business Breakfast LIVE: Lord Rose warns over Mike Ashley's plans for retail 'oligopoly'
- Cambridge Analytica whistleblower to headline IP EXPO Manchester
- Business Breakfast LIVE: Santander profits fall 13% amid Brexit uncertainty and competition
- Manchester business says it can reduce annual energy bills via app
- Business Breakfast LIVE: Barclays reveals £150m hit for Brexit uncertainty as profits dip
- Former M.E.N Business of the Year winners talk about their success
- Business Breakfast LIVE: Persimmon's boosts profits to £1.1bn after focusing on first time buyers
VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 13 have 308 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at September 13, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.