As Congress remains deadlocked over a new coronavirus relief package, the future of stimulus checks, unemployment benefits and the ban on evictions remains uncertain. Much of the coronavirus relief provided to Americans in the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act has been used, and lawmakers in Congress are still in disagreement on the price tag attached to another round. The months-long partisan gridlock has left several members of Washington doubting that a deal will be passed before the November election. Senate Republicans’ recent proposal of a scaled-down $500 billion stimulus was blocked by Democrats who say the amount falls far short of their initial bid of $3 trillion and won’t do enough for the economy. “I wish I could tell you we were going to get another package, but it doesn’t look that good right now,” Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said on Friday in his most pessimistic remarks to date. Unemployment benefits Newsweek subscription offers > With neither parties signaling willingness to move to the middle, Trump issued an executive memorandum August 8 allowing states the option to participate in the federal Lost Wages Assistance program that would add an additional $400 to their existing unemployment benefits…. Read full this story
- Second Stimulus Check Update: What the Senate, House Are Saying About Next Coronavirus Relief Package
- Will you be eligible for a second stimulus check after Trump promised ‘very generous’ package?
- A second stimulus check? Here's how much money you could get
- Second stimulus check? Here’s the latest update from the slow-moving Senate
- Second stimulus checks won’t be coming anytime soon. Here’s the latest update
- Trump wants BIGGER second stimulus checks than first $1,200 payments to be delivered ‘quickly’
- Second stimulus checks for summer look less likely as timeline for relief package gets delayed
- Second stimulus check update: Here’s the latest as the HEROES Act collects dust
- Waiting for a second stimulus check? The GOP isn’t itching to send you one
- Stimulus check: Do you have to pay tax on the money?
Where We Stand With Second Stimulus Checks, Unemployment Benefits and Ban on Evictions have 329 words, post on www.newsweek.com at September 12, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.