People in countries whose governments block or restrict access to independent news can access DW’s websites securely and anonymously. With the support of the OTF (Open Technology Fund) and the Tor Project, DW has installed a so-called mirror proxy that allows DW web content to be accessed through a Tor-web address. Websites accessible via Tor can be recognized by the URL extension .onion. A special browser such as the Firefox-based Tor browser is necessary to gain access to the websites. The Tor Browser can be found here: https://www.torproject.org/de/download/ Once the Tor Browser is downloaded, users have to simply type dw.com and the Tor Browser will automatically offer the secure Onion address (dwnewsvdyyiamwnp.onion). This so-called Onion Location Service was first introduced by the Tor Project in July. DW implemented this feature to make it easier for people who are particularly concerned about privacy to access DW content. “As high levels of privacy protection on the Internet are often at odds with convenience, DW always strives to implement technical innovations as quickly as possible,” says Oliver Linow, DW’s IT and Cybersecurity expert. Guido Baumhauer, Director of Distribution & Technology at DW, explains this effective alternative to the use of censorship circumvention software tools: “Providing our target groups worldwide… Read full this story
- Hernando County set to settle website accessibility lawsuit, one in a wave filed by prolific plaintiffs
- NATO allies sign key Macedonia membership protocol
- Gopher Protocol Announces Filing of Non-Provisional Patent Application for Microchip Technology
- Gopher Protocol Releases Avant! AI Mobile App
- Lawsuits: Domino's, Playboy websites aren't accessible to the blind
- University launches new website
- Pirate website Sci-Hub is making the world’s academic research free to all. But at what cost?
- Making Finance Work for Africa (MFW4A) Announces Revamped Website
- Steps to keep your website legal
- American Express Outage: AMEX Website, System Down and Login Not Working Today
DW websites accessible via Tor Protocol have 318 words, post on www.dw.com at October 8, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.