STARING up at the sinister house on Franklin Avenue, Yvette Gentile, 53, felt a shiver run down her spine. The Mayan-temple-inspired building is known in its Los Angeles neighbourhood as “the Jaws House” because its facade resembles the gaping mouth of a shark. But Yvette, a former model, knows that darker monsters have lived within. In the 1940s it was home to her great-grandfather George Hodel, then one of LA’s top medical officers, and a key suspect in the Black Dahlia case – the brutal mutilation of a beautiful young woman, and one of America’s most famous unsolved murders. For the last two years, Yvette and her sister Rasha Pecoraro, 41, have been investigating the murder for their podcast Root Of Evil, which has gone on to top the US podcasts chart. “Neither of us can remember a time when we didn’t hear grim family stories about how our great-grandfather could have been the killer,” says Rasha, a flight attendant. “And that house, his old home, still has a dark energy.” Just a few miles away from this house on Franklin Avenue, on January 15, 1947, a young mother named Betty Bersinger was taking her toddler for a walk when… Read full this story
- MH370 Becomes the Cold Case That Nobody Wants to Solve
- Inside America's cold case revolution: new super effective DNA-matching technique prompts privacy concerns
- The Definitive Field Guide to Black Bloc Terrorists Who Want to Shut Down Trump Inauguration
- Line of Duty’s H finally exposed - but fans still left with burning questions
- Siraj has shown remarkable improvement, should play WTC final: Harbhajan
- Case not closed on the wrongfully convicted
- Men Arrested in 1996 Kristin Smart Case Investigated by True Crime Podcast
- 7 Police Officers Suspended as a Black Man’s Suffocation Roils Rochester
- Johanna Young 1992 murder: Key to case 'in local area'
- Conway: Disappearance at Dahlia View is a dark detective thriller set in 1950s England
Has the notorious Black Dahlia cold case finally been solved? have 309 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at October 27, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.