‘I generally avoid temptation,’ said actress Mae West, ‘unless I can’t resist it.’ My mind turned to this wonderful quote numerous times during last night’s second and final presidential debate as I watched Donald Trump’s face. Time and again, I could tell he was itching to take the gloves off and start ranting abusively and personally at his opponent Joe Biden, as he had done in the first debate. But to my astonishment, instead of succumbing to his basest instincts, Trump pursed his lips, screwed up his cheeks, grimaced, scowled and, for the most part, avoided temptation. Instead of the ranting, deluded, narcissistic buffoon we got last time, this was a far calmer, measured, focused, well-prepared, non-scary and even empathetic performance by the president. Time and again, I could tell Donald Trump was itching to take the gloves off and start ranting abusively and personally at his opponent Joe Biden, as he had done in the first debate. Trump is pictured at the final presidential debate on Thursday We saw a new, tamer Trump and I liked it as much as I was surprised by it. So did others. Top political pollster Frank Luntz, who conducted a live-streamed response to… Read full this story
- PIERS MORGAN: Boris Johnson likes to think he is Churchill reincarnated but in our new darkest hour, he has stood for confusion, weakness, dithering and incompetence. And his shameful mixed messages will cost many more lives
- After Trump Will Be Another Trump — and This One Could Be More Dangerous
- Joe Biden says he KNEW the FBI wanted to investigate Mike Flynn over Russia but knew nothing about his prosecution as Donald Trump ramps up claims of 'Obamagate' - which former VP calls a 'diversion'
- Trump launches Mother's Day Twitter rant and hits back at Obama who called his coronavirus response 'a chaotic disaster' - claiming his predecessor 'didn't have a clue' how to handle swine flu pandemic
- 'You know what the crime is. It's very obvious to everybody!' Donald Trump is put on the spot about 'Obamagate' as he is asked exactly what 'crime' his predecessor committed
- Lindsey Graham will NOT meet Donald Trump's call to summon Barack Obama for questioning about Mike Flynn's prosecution as he cites 'executive privilege' concerns after Trump demands '50-year sentences'
- Donald Trump unloads on his critics again claiming 'dirty cops and politicians' will 'pay a big price' for dropped prosecution of Mike Flynn - and says 'I learned a lot from Richard Nixon - don't fire people!'
- 'OBAMAGATE!' Donald Trump steps up his attacks on his predecessor for leaked call slamming his 'chaotic' coronavirus response
- White House staff including Kayleigh McEnany and Jared Kushner FINALLY wear masks after Donald Trump's valet and Mike Pence's press secretary test positive for the coronavirus - but president is STILL bare-faced
- Biden Is Planning an FDR-Size Presidency
PIERS MORGAN: Last night’s tamed and muzzled Trump exposed nice-guy Biden’s flaws in a way that the ranting deluded Trump totally failed to do - and may just yet save his presidency have 471 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 23, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.