Drivers, business and economists today let rip at Boris Johnson’s ‘Stalinist’ ban on new petrol and diesel cars from 2030 – warning rushing the transition is impossible and electric vehicles are still out of reach for ordinary Britons. The PM heralded a ‘green industrial revolution’ as he launched a ten-point, £12billion plan for the environment, saying it could create 250,000 jobs and slash the country’s carbon emissions. But the Alliance of British Drivers, condemned the plan as flying in the face of the free market, saying the charging infrastructure was not even ready. Other experts questioned whether enough electric vehicles will be in production to meet demand by 2030 – a date that did not feature in the Tory election manifesto – suggesting the costs will be so high that only the ‘wealthy’ will be able to drive. And there were complaints that the ‘authoritarian’ programme will come with an ‘immense’ price tag, at a time when the government is already borrowing record sums due to the coronavirus crisis. Among the moves announced today were: Ambitious proposals to ramp up production of hydrogen with the hope of heating an entire town with the low-carbon fuel by the end of the decade;… Read full this story
- Could a Green New Deal Make Us Happier People?
- Wood burners and open fires face restrictions in new clean air plan
- How to Talk About Climate Change So People Will Listen
- Freshest ways to beat air pollution
- Tenneco Inc (TEN) Q4 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript
- Who Killed Tulum?
- The Tiny Swiss Company That Thinks It Can Help Stop Climate Change
- Inside the deadly world of private garbage collection
- Russia Is Finished
- Why Imran Khan is unlikely to make life much better for Pakistanis
Authoritarian, elitist, anti-motorist.. and eye-wateringly expensive: Drivers, business and economists slam PM's 'Stalinist' plan to ban new petrol and diesel vehicles by 2030 - a date that was NOT in Tory manifesto - and his ten-point green revolution have 277 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 18, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.