Last Week Tonight host John Oliver told Stephen Colbert last week that he “nearly burst into tears” while voting in the presidential election for the first time as a U.S. citizen, but little did he know at the time just how wild the next several days would become. Oliver recapped it all on last night’s episode of his HBO show, covering everything from how various judges ruled on the Trump campaign’s desperate lawsuit attempts against the states (“the single sassiest week in the history of the judiciary”) to Joe Biden’s ultimate win to everyone celebrating Trump’s loss in the streets on Saturday. “It was like that all day here in New York. There was a mood here that can only be described as a reverse 9/11,” Oliver said. “Why? ’Cause it combined complete euphoria and abiding disgust for Rudy Giuliani, and this time, people were actually dancing on the rooftops in New Jersey. It was a really good day! Never forget.” “After this absolute year of a week — these days of counting, the misinformation, the desperate, pathetic attempts to paint this process as fraudulent — the fact is Trump lost this election. He lost! All that bullshit which we’ve… Read full this story
- Joe Biden calls Donald Trump a 'conman' who has capitulated to the pandemic in campaign speech in Georgia, bringing Hunter's daughter with him, before joking to drive-in rally in Atlanta: 'I'm Kamala's running mate!'
- Democrats Call Donald Trump 'Cowardly' as Protesters Teargassed Near White House Before Church 'Photo Op'
- Herschel Walker Feels 'Insulted' When People Call Donald Trump 'Racist'
- Donald Trump releases list of 11 possible Supreme Court nominees
- How Donald Trump Lost His Mojo
- Donald Trump put Jared Kushner in charge of series of foreign policy areas including 'stopping Mexican caravans' but was furious when his son-in-law controlled which foreign leaders got put through to Oval Office
- Donald Trump calls John Bolton a 'liar' - but fails to deny he lifted sanctions to please China's Xi and demands to see 'he's full of s***' note Pompeo sent about him - as DoJ seeks emergency order to block publication of his book
- Electoral College Tally: Most States Called As Donald Trump Wins Presidency
- Donald Trump and Joe Biden intensify their election campaigns
- How Donald Trump Plans to Overthrow American Democracy
John Oliver Calls Donald Trump’s Election Loss a ‘Reverse 9/11’ have 379 words, post on www.vulture.com at November 9, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.