Video PlayerClose DOHA, Nov. 21 (Xinhua) — Brazilian striker Alan Douglas Borges de Carvalho played a critical role to help Beijing Guoan beat FC Seoul 2-1, while Ulsan Hyundai defeated Shanghai Shenhua 3-1 in the AFC Champions League here on Saturday. Guoan made a quick breakthrough in the eighth minute as Zhang Yuning passed to Fernando Lucas Martins, whose volley hit Seoul striker Ko Kwang-Min and bounced into the net. In the 59th minute, thanks to Alan’s long-range volley after receiving Augusto’s cross, Guoan enlarged the gap to 2-0. Five minutes later, Guoan defender Kim Min-Jae’s handball in the box gifted Seoul a penalty kick. Park Chu-Young contributed a tap-in to pull one back. Guoan lost momentum facing Seoul’s aggressive attack, but luckily, goalkeeper Hou Sen did well to keep the score until the end of the game. Elsewhere, Hyundai broke the deadlock in the 18th minute when Yoon Bit-Garam’s shot was denied by goalkeeper Li Shuai, and Junior Negao’s follow-up was blocked by Shenhua defenders. But Yoon did not give up by aiming at the empty goal to make it 1-0. In the 40th minute, Hyundai made a series of precise passes before Yoon scored his second with an… Read full this story
- Liverpool v Napoli: Jurgen Klopp tells his players to 'put it right' in Champions League
- 4 talking points as Premier League quartet eye Champions League progression
- What do the English clubs need to do in their final Champions League group game?
- What time, what channel? All you need to know about the Champions League this week
- Liverpool's Champions League hopes dealt major blow after falling to shock defeat in Belgrade
- Liverpool's Champions League campaign rocked after shock defeat by Red Star Belgrade
- Raheem Sterling apologises for winning comical penalty in Manchester City's Champions League rout
- Man United produce sensational Champions League comeback after late double stuns Juventus
- Mixed injury news for Liverpool as Sadio Mane set for Champions League return while two midfielders ruled out
- Harry Kane to the rescue as Spurs keep slim Champions League hopes alive with late rally against PSV
Roundup: Guoan oust Seoul, Hyundai defeat Shenhua in AFC Champions League have 351 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at November 22, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.