Video PlayerClose BEIJING, Nov. 21 (Xinhua) — Chinese President Xi Jinping on Saturday put forward a set of proposals for the G20 to stabilize and restore economic growth while containing COVID-19 on an ongoing basis. Xi made the remarks in Beijing when he addressed the G20 Riyadh Summit via video link. Xi spoke of the need to build a global firewall against COVID-19. “We must first put the disease under control at home and, on that basis, strengthen exchanges and cooperation to help countries in need,” Xi said, adding that the G20 should speed up action and support the WHO in mobilizing and consolidating resources and distributing vaccines fairly and efficiently. Xi stressed efforts to ensure the smooth functioning of the global economy. “We need to reduce tariffs and barriers, and explore the liberalization of trade of key medical supplies. We need to further harmonize policies and standards and establish ‘fast tracks’ to facilitate the orderly flow of personnel,” Xi said. Xi said the G20 should harness the role of the digital economy. “We could foster an enabling environment for the development of the digital economy, enhance data security cooperation, strengthen the digital infrastructure, and level the playing field for… Read full this story
- Modi, Abe Hold Wide-Ranging Talks Ahead Of G20 Summit In Japan
- Alibaba Cloud touts Asian heritage and focus as competitive advantages
- Xi Focus: How China is tackling its water stress
- Xi Focus: Xi attends commissioning of first Chinese-built aircraft carrier
- 'India's economic recovery critical for oil in 2020'
- Xi Focus: Xi meets with HKSAR chief executive
- Gang Lures Men from Grindr to Rob, Urinate On, Call Victim ‘White Man Responsible for Attacks on Muslims’
- Xi's life experiences bolster poverty fight
- Xi Focus: Xi and his firm support for Macao's prosperity, stability
- China’s Xi gives Hong Kong leader ‘unwavering support’
Xi Focus: Xi calls for G20 efforts on epidemic response, economic recovery have 302 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at November 22, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.