Video PlayerClose SHANGHAI, Nov. 11 (Xinhua) — It’s November 2020, Shanghai. Joining the more than 24 million people that call this city home are 2,600 exhibitors and 400,000 professional visitors — all here for the 2020 China International Import Expo, or the CIIE. The expo, which is in its third year and began Nov. 5, features at its heart a huge exposition space spanning 360,000 square meters, bringing together businesses, innovators, buyers and officials who meet, negotiate, and ink contracts to bring new goods and services to the Chinese market. While the expo comes against the backdrop of the COVID-19 pandemic, the exhibition space has actually expanded by 30,000 square meters this year, signaling that restrictions on international travel and personnel exchanges have not dampened exhibitors’ resolve to be present. And, that’s why Xinhua correspondent Helen Bentley came here — to meet some of them and find out their motivations for attending. Chinese President Xi Jinping delivers a keynote speech via video at the opening ceremony of the third China International Import Expo held in east China’s Shanghai on Nov. 4, 2020. (Xinhua/Ju Peng) President Xi Jinping delivered a keynote speech at the opening ceremony, elaborating on his vision for… Read full this story
- Casino stocks are looking like a big gamble
- How to get a Covid passport: When you need an NHS pass and what it looks like
- The Ironic Need To Make Sure That Self-Driving Cars Look Like Self-Driving Cars, At Least For The Time Being
- FIU’s Dr. Aileen Marty On Omicron Variant: ‘It Looks Like It’s Going To Be Very Significantly Virulent And Very Transmissible’
- Airports of the future: With electric planes and vertiports in the suburbs, what might our airports look like in 50 years?
- The coronavirus tracing app has been released. Here's what it looks like and what it wants to do
- What a "best-case scenario" Omicron variant looks like, according to Dr. Fauci
- Von der Leyen should go – she’s even made our PM look like a model of smooth efficiency and statesmanship
- Daredevil Actually Looks Like a Comic Book on LG’s $8000 OLED TV
- Angela Rayner's efforts rubbished as Red Wall rejects Labour: 'You don't look like me!'
Xinhua Special: What does an import expo under the pandemic look like? have 350 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at November 11, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.