December 07, 2020 08:31 Britain will be the first country to roll out the Pfizer – BioNTech coronavirus vaccine — the first Western nation to do so, the government announced Sunday.The first doses will be distributed to health care workers and Britons over the age of 80 starting Tuesday, the National Health Service said. Roughly 800,000 doses are expected to be administered during the first week.Pfizer and BioNTech could receive U.S. approval later this month.China is also gearing up to introduce a huge coronavirus vaccine initiative. The Associated Press reports provincial governments across the country are placing orders for experimental, domestically made coronavirus vaccines, although health officials have yet to say how well they work or how they may reach the country’s 1.4 billion people. The AP says more than a million Chinese health care workers have already received experimental vaccines under emergency use permission, but there have been no indications about possible side effects. Russia launched its coronavirus vaccine initiative Saturday to contain the outbreak there. The most vulnerable will receive the first doses of the vaccine named Sputnik V, including medical workers and teachers. The vaccine was approved in August, despite criticism from Western experts about the country’s dearth… Read full this story
- Deadly coronavirus 'could ALREADY be in Britain': Heathrow passengers from Wuhan are placed in isolation as death toll soars to 17 and China prepares to ban ANYONE from leaving city of 11m
- 1st malaria vaccine tried out in babies in 3 African nations
- Lack of antibiotics in low income countries 'worsening superbugs threat'
- Health officials expect MORE coronavirus cases in the US and admit that 1st American patient was not diagnosed for five DAYS after returning from Ground Zero of Wuhan and had contact with at least 16 people
- 1st MERS virus case in U.S concerns California experts
- Science in Britain will thrive - whatever the outcome of Brexit
- Wuhan is QUARANTINED: Ground zero for deadly coronavirus halts all travel in AND out of the city after the CDC begins screening at five US airports as the disease MUTATES after killing 17 and infecting up to 10,000
- New wave of 'superbugs' poses dire threat, says chief medical officer
- New cervical cancer test could ‘prevent 1 in 4 cases – and wipe out disease’
- In next war, soldiers will leave their smartphones at home: Peter Apps
Britain to Be 1st Country to Use Pfizer COVID Vaccine have 376 words, post on english.chosun.com at December 7, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.