Border Force officials have today rescued migrants making a desperate bid to cross the Channel in freezing winds – hours before the UK’s Brexit transition period ends. Pictures show the asylum seekers being led ashore by Border Force officials in Dover after being intercepted in the English Channel this morning. It is believed around 8,500 migrants have crossed from France this year. The latest pictures come as Britain’s Brexit transition period ends tonight, with a new trade deal with the EU coming into force from 11pm. Minor changes will be introduced on asylum seeker policy as a result, though they will have little practical impact at this point – until further agreements are reached with the EU. Border Force officials have today rescued migrants making a desperate bid to cross the Channel in freezing winds – hours before the UK’s Brexit transition period ends Pictures show the asylum seekers being led ashore by Border Force officials in Dover after being intercepted in the English Channel this morning Earlier this month Britain introduced a new law – coming in from tonight – meaning it will no longer accept asylum seeker claims at sea when intercepted by Border Force officials. But it… Read full this story
- Boris Johnson's Brexit ultimatum: Transition period WILL end in December 2020 as PM vows to set in it law to scupper EU delaying tactics – after posing with his 109 first-time MPs who won seat in Tory landslide
- British and French border force boats stop '40 illegal migrants' in Channel dash to reach UK in early hours of this morning
- Boris’s blue wall: Prime Minister poses with his 109 new Tory MPs who will help him to 'Get Brexit Done' as the Conservatives flex their muscles in Westminster - and he shores up his Cabinet by making Nicky Morgan a PEER
- Death truck was in convoy of THREE: Devastated families say more than 100 migrants were smuggled into UK but only two lorries made it - as two new victims are named and wife tells how she helped victim raise £11k for trip
- Britain will break off most contact with EU in NINE DAYS to 'focus on leaving' as Donald Tusk puts his feet up and refuses to budge after calling Boris Johnson's plan to ditch backstop 'unrealistic'
- Blueprint for Boris's Britain: Prime Minister is set to put border control, the NHS and investment in the North at heart of his plans for government
- Eritrean migrants shot in massive Calais brawl
- Picking people out of the sea is not enough, says Cameron as he vows to 'smash' people smuggling gangs behind migrant crisis
- Brexit: Northern Ireland could be in a different time zone to Great Britain
- Boxing Day Brexit bonanza! Bargain hunters from around the world descend on UK to take advantage of the 'weak pound' as Brits queue from Christmas Day to get deals while Harrods has 'record day'
Last ditch dash for Britain's shores: Border Force catch migrants making desperate Channel crossing in freezing winds on day UK's transition period ends have 468 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 31, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.