INJURY BLOW by Cricbuzz Staff • Last updated on ShareTweet Maxwell is expected to be out for 6-8 weeks. © Getty Glenn Maxwell, originally named in both the T20I and ODI squads, will miss Australia’s upcoming limited-overs tour of South Africa due to an elbow injury. He will be replaced by D’Arcy Short, Cricket Australia confirmed on Wednesday (February 12). Maxwell, who was managing his troubled left elbow through the BBL, reported increased pain over the weekend, following which scans revealed “some loose fragments of bone within his elbow joint”. He will now undergo surgery and is expected to be out for six to eight weeks. As a result, he might miss at least the start of the IPL. This also means a further delay to Maxwell’s anticipated international return since his mental health break late last year. “Representing Australia is the highest honour in cricket and something I cherish,” Maxwell said. “I was not confident that I could perform at international level with my elbow in its current state and have decided to undergo surgery straight away to fix the issue. “I would like to thank Justin Langer, Ben Oliver, Trevor Hohns and the whole Australian squad for their… Read full this story
- England management 'really hopeful' James Anderson will be fit for South Africa tour
- England 'really hopeful' James Anderson will be fit for South Africa tour
- Prince Harry, Meghan's son Archie meets Desmond Tutu in 1st appearance on family's South Africa tour
- Meghan Markle is seen beaming and giggling as she's 'crowned' with an Instagram filter in unseen footage from South Africa tour
- India, South Africa out to draw first blood in Mohali
- Harry and Meghan visit South Africa where women and children are under siege
- South Africa’s economic tightrope tougher still as debt hits the roof
- South Africa’s troubled airline cancels flights pre-strike
- South Africa: EFF supporters attack H&M stores over 'racist jumper advert'
- South Africa ex-president Jacob Zuma to face corruption trial
Maxwell to miss South Africa tour due to elbow injury have 330 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at December 12, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.