INJURY BLOW by Cricbuzz Staff • Last updated on ShareTweet Maxwell is expected to be out for 6-8 weeks. © Getty Glenn Maxwell, originally named in both the T20I and ODI squads, will miss Australia’s upcoming limited-overs tour of South Africa due to an elbow injury. He will be replaced by D’Arcy Short, Cricket Australia confirmed on Wednesday (February 12). Maxwell, who was managing his troubled left elbow through the BBL, reported increased pain over the weekend, following which scans revealed “some loose fragments of bone within his elbow joint”. He will now undergo surgery and is expected to be out for six to eight weeks. As a result, he might miss at least the start of the IPL. This also means a further delay to Maxwell’s anticipated international return since his mental health break late last year. “Representing Australia is the highest honour in cricket and something I cherish,” Maxwell said. “I was not confident that I could perform at international level with my elbow in its current state and have decided to undergo surgery straight away to fix the issue. “I would like to thank Justin Langer, Ben Oliver, Trevor Hohns and the whole Australian squad for their… Read full this story
- Te'o out of South Africa tour; uncapped Woodward called up
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry share highlights of South Africa tour to Instagram including Archie's meeting with Desmond Tutu and Harry's land mine clearance
- Roethlisberger misses practice again with elbow injury
- Denny Solomona is close to South Africa tour start, says Eddie Jones
- 'England club changes will hit Lions ahead of 2021 South Africa tour'
- Pelicans' Anthony Davis to play against Warriors after missing 2 games with elbow injury, report says
- Anthony Davis Reportedly Will Return After Missing 2 Games with Elbow Injury
- South Africa vs Zimbabwe 1st ODI: Preview and Predicted Playing XI
- Rugby and the rainbow nation: can 2023 World Cup heal South Africa's wounds?
- Harry and Meghan reveal they were 'deeply touched' by the community spirit they witnessed in South Africa as they follow 17 new Instagram accounts that promote togetherness
Maxwell to miss South Africa tour due to elbow injury have 344 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at December 12, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.