London Mayor Sadiq Khan today went to war over the cycle lane causing chaos on High Street Kensington – and is trying to get it put back as he declared war on a Tory council Sadiq Khan today sided with left-wing Extinction Rebellion activists and launched a plot to reverse the destruction of a ‘disastrous’ cycle lane by seizing control of the road from the Tory council trying to remove it. The Labour Mayor of London has gone to war with Conservative-controlled Kensington and Chelsea Council who began ripping bollards up on High Street Kensington before XR supporters glued themselves to their van, forcing them to stop last night. He is also demanding the council pay back the £320,000 of taxpayers’ money used to install the cycle lanes during the pandemic, which have been blamed for huge traffic jams with cyclists seen regularly speeding through red lights at pedestrian crossings. Mr Khan is now expected to apply to convert the busy West London road into a ‘red route’, which would wrestle its management from the Tory local authority and hand it to Transport for London, which he runs from City Hall. Under section 14B of the Highways Act 1980, the Mayor can direct that… Read full this story
- So much for staying at home! Crowds of people head to beaches and town centres despite Boris Johnson begging families to stay at home as Covid deaths hit 563 – the deadliest Sunday in eight months
- UK records most covid deaths in a day since epidemic started: Fatality count DOUBLES in a week to 1,325 with 68,000 new cases as SAGE warns R rate could now be as high as 1.4 and up to 150,000 people are catching Covid each day
- Doug Ford, public health at odds over Trinity Bellwoods advice; Toronto’s average rate of COVID-19 infections hits new high
- No 10 considers a tougher lockdown 'with curfews, exercise limits, compulsory masks outside, no support bubbles and nurseries shut' if Covid cases keep rising' - amid suggestion 'people may only be allowed to leave home ONCE a week'
- Schools call an ONLINE snow day: Parents fume as teachers cancel Zoom lessons for pupils because of SNOW and tell kids to go sledging for homework instead as council boss begs for more students to be home-schooled because classes are 'over-capacity'
- Boris tries to scare us into lockdown: Whitty launches new government Stay at Home drive backed up by terrifying ads of dying Covid patients as Britain suffers record 1,325 deaths and 68,000 cases in a single day
- Police 'are told to fine Covid rule-breakers after just ONE verbal warning' as three officers 'arrest a woman for sitting on a bench' and another is surrounded for 'leaving her house more than once'
- Why can't England have clearer rules on exercise? Ministers come under mounting pressure to clarify 'woolly' lockdown restrictions and set firm distances like counterparts in Scotland and Northern Ireland
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 9
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 24
Now Sadiq Khan vows to seize control of High Street Kensington to REINSTALL hated cycle lane despite weeks of traffic chaos hours after council finally starts to rip up bollards and fully restore road have 476 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 3, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.