Running four in-house data centres at separate locations, which requires significant labour and resources to manage, was one of the issues Wise Employment faced up until recently.The Australian not-for-profit (NFP) employment service also did not have direct connectivity to the cloud.Operating its environment this way made it difficult for Wise Employment’s staff to service customers without being tied to a desk. In recognising this, Wise Employment teamed up with Equinix and Telstra to overhaul its IT infrastructure. The project saw Wise Employment consolidate its four data centres into Equinix’s Melbourne IBX data centre. The NFP also spun up a hybrid cloud environment connected to Amazon Web Services via Equinix Fabric using Telstra’s mobile network. By simplifying its infrastructure, Wise created a 20% savings in power and achieved nearly AU$5 million in savings over a five-year period. Additionally, staff can set up and connect offices within two hours, while also provide job seekers support 24 hours 7 days a week.Read: 7 big data goals for 2021: AI, DevOps, hybrid cloud, and more (TechRepublic)”At Wise Employment, our passionate staff assist thousands of job seekers in finding meaningful work and establishing self-sufficiency. Our partnership with Equinix and Telstra is just one example of… Read full this story
- WA Health hybrid cloud shift picks up pace with Microsoft Office 365 transition
- Nike bets on tech CEO Donahoe to accelerate digital transformation: Will it work?
- Vietnam takes a leap in digital transformation with foreign participation
- Wayfair expands Google Cloud deal for hybrid cloud strategy
- Dell: Data can be the key for digital transformation in 2020
- 2020: The year of digital products
- NRF 2020: Retailers ponder cloud choices, Zebra launches SmartSight robot, Micro-markets in focus
- Azure Stack isn't Microsoft backing away from public cloud
- UK-based Credit Unions adopt TCS’ core-banking solution to go digital
- Smartphones done, cars next: Tech giants want to beat slowdown, and transform vehicles into money-making machines
Wise Employment goes 100% mobile with hybrid cloud digital transformation have 305 words, post on www.zdnet.com at December 13, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.