DONALD Trump has issued a flurry of pardons in one of his final acts as President of the United States as he prepares to make way for his successor Joe Biden. The 45th President has handed out dozens of pardons to politicians, celebrities and law enforcement officials since he was voted into office in 2016. Here are just some of the people he has pardoned so far. What is a pardon in government? The pardon power comes from the US Constitution and is one of the broadest available to a president. The nation's founders saw the pardon power as a way to show mercy and serve the public good. A presidential pardon allows a person to be relieved of some or all of the legal consequences of their criminal sentencing. Pardons are typically given to people who have been prosecuted, and can cover conduct that has not yet resulted in legal proceedings. A pardon is not reviewable by other branches of government and the president does not have to give a reason for issuing one. A pardon wipes out a criminal conviction, but only applies to federal crimes . A president can pardon an individual for nearly any offense committed against… Read full this story
- Joe Biden 'condemns' Donald Trump over ex-POTUS 'terminate' constitution comment
- Donald Trump Defends Matt Gaetz, Denies Congressman Asked for Pardon
- Manafort Can't Be Prosecuted by N.Y., But Others Trump Pardoned Could Be
- Donald Trump's first NFT collection sells out in less than a day
- Donald Trump Meets With Senator Joni Ernst, a Possible Running Mate
- Could Donald Trump grant himself a 'pocket pardon'?
- Trump's Pardon List Leaves Off Snowden, Assange and Winner
- Donald Trump Vows 'Justice for the Jan. 6 Prisoners' to Cheers at NC Rally
- Despite Trump Pardon, Steve Bannon Could Still Face State Charges
- Michael Cohen Grilled Over Possible Trump Pardon
Donald Trump pardon list: Who has the 45th President pardoned? have 300 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at January 20, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.