A judge has slammed ‘nonsensical and very wrong’ sentencing laws after he was forced to let off a Spice-addled thug who beat up a boy with a shorter jail term. Judge Anthony Cross QC had wanted to lock up convicted drug dealer Martin Davies for longer after he attacked the 10-year-old while on the synthetic drug on the day he was freed early from prison. But Davies’s jail term for assault could only run alongside a current 39-month stretch he has to complete for reoffending whilst on parole. The term cannot be tagged on afterwards due to legal guidelines. It means Davies, 30, from Rochdale, Greater Manchester, who has other previous convictions for battery, burglary and theft, will be back on the streets as early as September next year. Martin Davies, 30, from Rochdale, Greater Manchester, has been jailed for assaulting a 10-year-old boy but legal guidelines means the term can only run alongside a current 39-month stretch he has to complete for reoffending whilst on parole RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next ‘Stop resisting or you’re going to get sprayed again’: Six… Thousands of homes in north of England are EVACUATED as… Firefighters didn’t arrive at scene of Manchester bombing…… Read full this story
- 2 more accused of kidnapping 11-year-old boy from S.A. park, then drugging and sexually abusing him
- Any allegation of fighting for ISIS can lead to a death sentence in Iraq
- One Doctor’s Answer to Drug Deaths: Opioid Vending Machines
- He Cyberstalked Teen Girls for Years—Then They Fought Back
- What went wrong with Trump’s family-separation effort at the border?
- Archbishop of Melbourne says he believes Cardinal George Pell is INNOCENT and the victim he sexually abused has named the wrong man
- 10 Places You Should Not Take Your Daughter On Take Your Daughter To Work Day
- 24 Best New Android Games From The Last 2 Weeks (10/29/13
- Pan Am Flight 103: Robert Mueller’s 30-Year Search for Justice
- 38 Best (And 1 WTF) New Android Games From The Last 2 Weeks (12/10/13
Judge slams 'nonsensical and very wrong' sentencing laws after he was forced to let off Spice-addled drug dealer who beat up a 10-year-old boy with a shorter jail term have 325 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 20, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.