Sir Keir Starmer sent a warning shot to Boris Johnson today over the PM’s ambitious goal of vaccinating 13million Brits by mid-February, claiming it will be another example of No10 ‘over-promising and under-delivering’ if it fails. The Labour leader said drastically scaling up the vaccination programme — which has so far only inoculated a million people, despite launching a month ago — would be a ‘struggle’ and that there was ‘no room for error’. Number 10 has pledged to vaccinate around 13million of the most vulnerable Brits — including care home residents and staff, NHS workers and almost everybody aged 70 and older — by mid-February, with the hope of ditching the most draconian curbs by March. The mammoth target would require vaccinating about two million people a week. But there are serious doubts about whether the target is achievable, given that it has been slow to get off the ground and the NHS will need to juggle running the biggest immunisation programme in British history with battling the greatest crisis it has ever faced as Covid patients continue to pour into hospitals. Record numbers of staff absences and stringent infection control measures are also making the jobs of… Read full this story
- Boris Johnson promises plan to lift UK coronavirus lockdown next week
- Coronavirus UK news – Boris Johnson optimistic on FALLING Covid cases but states ‘we are not out of the woods yet’
- 16 killer questions Boris Johnson still needs to answer fully about Covid failures
- Boris Johnson claims confusing Covid rules are 'blindingly obvious' in chaotic PMQs
- Boris Johnson furiously denies knowing about India variant - so what's the truth?
- Coronavirus UK news – Boris Johnson’s vaccine passport plan in CHAOS with 50 Tories to rebel against ‘dangerous’ idea
- Boris Johnson should end self-isolation rules ‘tomorrow’, say business leaders
- Boris Johnson's roadmap is leading us off a cliff at high speed
- COVID-19: Boris Johnson says UK is 'past the peak' and promises lockdown exit plan next week
- Keir Starmer takes battering as public gives verdict: 'Doesn't look like PM in waiting!'
Keir Starmer warns Boris Johnson may be 'over-promising' with his 'ambition' to vaccinate 13m by mid-February to release England from lockdown — as figures reveal NHS would have to move FOUR TIMES quicker than winter flu jab programme have 330 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 5, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.