Boris Johnson met cabinet colleagues last night to discuss an even-tougher lockdown with limits on exercise, compulsory mask-wearing outdoors and a ban on social bubbles all being considered by ministers, sources claim. The Cabinet Office refused to deny that draconian new laws were coming – and instead pointed to Matt Hancock ‘s vague statement earlier today. The Health Secretary refused to speculate when directly asked if harsher measures – including curfews and nursery closures – might be brought in, and instead said Britons should ‘follow the rules that we’ve got’. One Whitehall source told MailOnline that the changes discussed today even included introducing a ban on people leaving their homes more than once a week. Under current rules, Britons can exercise with one other person or with their household or support bubble. But a Government source said the rule is ‘being used as an excuse for people to go for a coffee in the park with their friends’ and could be tightened, The Daily Telegraph reports. The UK announced a further 573 coronavirus deaths yesterday in the highest Sunday rise since April, and the third-deadliest Sunday of the entire pandemic as it emerged as many as one in five of all… Read full this story
- Secret NYPD Files: Officers Who Lie And Brutally Beat People Can Keep Their Jobs
- Police lockdown as Extinction Rebellion protester climbs Parliament walls and climate change group vows to target the Tube in new demos that will hit thousands of commuters
- Generation revolution: how Egypt’s military state betrayed its youth
- Testosterone and high finance do not mix: so bring on the women
- The Reactionary Temptation
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 22
- Guaidó promised to save Venezuela, but the flame he lit is petering out, and U.S. backers weigh their options.
- Anyone Who Cares About Gun Laws Should Pay Attention To What’s Happening In Idaho
- 7 Things You Need To Know About The Iran Protests
- Queen's Speech 2019 in full: Boris Johnson's plan for government at a glance
No 10 considers a tougher lockdown 'with curfews, exercise limits, compulsory masks outside, no support bubbles and nurseries shut' if Covid cases keep rising' - amid suggestion 'people may only be allowed to leave home ONCE a week' have 322 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 10, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.