Police enforcing the lockdown laws will fine people the first time they are caught not wearing face coverings or being outside without a suitable reason. Scotland Yard revealed officers will be told to stop civilians in the street and quiz them on why they are not shut away in their homes. Anyone who cannot give a lawful excuse will be fined up to £6,400 and those caught without face coverings in necessary areas will also be slapped with an on the spot penalty notice. Police chiefs are dishing out new instructions to officers in England and Wales to fine people more quickly when their breach is obvious. It comes on a day where police arrested 28 protesters for flouting restrictions, fined four friends £800 for travelling in the same car to McDonald’s and policemen pulled over motorists to check where they were going. Meanwhile Boris Johnson extended his third national lockdown until March 31 as his new Covid law was published and he ducked Tory demands to guarantee ‘malicious’ rules are eased after his first review on February 15. The PM had told the Commons ahead of the vote on the measure on Wednesday night he had ‘no choice’ but… Read full this story
- Militarized Cops At Tiny Georgia Neo-Nazi Rally Arrest Counterprotesters For Wearing Masks
- Militarized cops at Georgia Neo-Nazi rally arrest Counter-protesters for wearing masks
- Start your engines: Motorbike culture eclipses delayed public transport in Hanoi
- Second chance legislation for ex-offenders garners bipartisan support
- ‘Tase me, and you’ll see what happens,’ an American Airlines passenger said. Police did — 10 times.
- UN issues warning over deaths of disproportionate number of black people in police custody and ‘structural racism’ in UK
- Theresa May ignored Home Office warnings about potential discrimination from 'hostile environment' policies
- Mother of Windrush citizen blames passport battle for son's death as Home Office deals with 113 cases
- Church of Scientology fined for leaking sewage into Sussex river
- Masked machete gang terrorise family during 'despicable' robbery on East Kilbridge home
No second chances! Police will fine people the FIRST time they are caught not wearing a mask in shops or on public transport, or for leaving their home without a reason have 321 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 6, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.