POLICE are failing to crack down hard enough on Covidiots, according to a poll of angry Brits. More than half of people think they are too soft with those whose behaviour puts lives at risk. ⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates They want tougher action against rule-breakers who hold illegal gatherings or refuse to wear a mask. Forces have come under fire from MPs for their “over-zealous” approach to rule-breakers. More than 30,000 fines have been dished out since the pandemic began for offences ranging from a stroll in the park to a mass rave party.But most people think cops’ actions are not tough enough, an exclusive YouGov poll for The Sun on Sunday found. Barely one in ten adults think officers have been heavy-handed in their efforts to maintain social distancing. And there is overwhelming support for most of the restrictions imposed by the Government. The vast majority of people — 82 per cent — say they are following the guidelines at least as strictly as during the first lockdown. They think the rules are clear on leaving home, which shops can stay open, when they should wear a mask and how support… Read full this story
- 'A second wave won't be long in the making!' Exhausted police officer predicts fresh Covid spike after 'long late shift peppered with pub fights, drunken violence and drunken, drugged-up fools'
- Police are FINALLY seen cracking down on commuters not wearing face masks on the Tube as passengers continue to break coronavirus safety rules
- Up to 16 children and staff are told to self-isolate at home after Covid outbreak at nursery in locked-down Bury - but centre is allowed to stay open
- Black Lives Matter activists descend on Tottenham police station to support rapper Wretch 32 after his father was Tasered by officers - in protest nine years after death of Mark Duggan
- Germany: Police halt Berlin protests against coronavirus curbs
- Skepticism looms over police reform deal
- COVID-19 cases in Victoria could 'hit the deck' by the end of next week - experts say - but here's why Melbourne's hotel quarantine nightmare is FAR from over
- Four police officers are injured as hundreds attend illegal 'cookout' rave on Kent beach organised by London jerk chicken shop before leaving mounds of litter
- Home Secretary Priti Patel says Winston Churchill should be 'liberated' as Sadiq Khan is accused of caving in to mob rule by covering up his statue
- Shocking moment partygoers throw objects at police and PC falls to ground as illegal 'cookout' rave on Kent beach organised by London jerk chicken shop turns violent leaving four officers injured
Police are failing to crack down hard enough on Covid rule flouters, according to a poll of angry Brits have 427 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at January 16, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.