Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) announced Wednesday after the House voted to impeach President Donald Trump that he is against moving forward with the impeachment process in the Senate because the Senate “lacks the constitutional authority” to remove a former president.Cotton expressed his opposition to impeachment proceedings in a statement Wednesday evening after the House voted that afternoon to impeach Trump a second time, passing one article of impeachment, 232–197, charging Trump with “incitement of insurrection” over last week’s riot in the U.S. Capitol. “The Senate under its rules and precedents cannot start and conclude a fair trial before the president leaves office next week,” Cotton explained. “Under these circumstances, the Senate lacks constitutional authority to conduct impeachment proceedings against a former president”: My statement on senate impeachment proceedings:https://t.co/F8q0VaQyWR — Tom Cotton (@SenTomCotton) January 14, 2021 Cotton’s statement coincides with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) stating, after the impeachment article was passed, that it would not be feasible for the Senate to conduct an impeachment trial prior to Trump’s term ending on January 20. McConnell has said the earliest date the Senate could receive the article to begin the process of a trial would be January 19, and even then,… Read full this story
- School AND Starbucks run! Eric and Lara Trump leave newborn daughter Carolina at home as they take two-year-old son Luke to preschool, both with large iced drinks in hand
- Impeachment Hearing Leaves Cloud Over Hillary Clinton - 1998 Editorial
- Cher: ‘GOP Are Accessories to Trump Genocide’ of the Kurds
- Fact Check: Kamala Says Trump ‘Sold Out Working People’ Despite Smashing Economic Records
- The 9 Biggest Mistakes Every Medical Billing Office Should Avoid
- Why You May Not Need To Rent An Office To Start YOUR Business!
- When Your Office Is Home
- Pelosi announces formal impeachment inquiry against Trump
- The Constitution - What The Heck Does It Really Say Anyway? Part Iii Article I, Part 1
- Will Biden Defend the Constitution From Elizabeth Warren?
Tom Cotton: Senate ‘Lacks Constitutional Authority’ to Proceed with Impeachment After Trump Leaves Office have 329 words, post on www.breitbart.com at January 14, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.