Video PlayerClose WASHINGTON, Jan. 13 (Xinhua) — The U.S. House convened Wednesday to discuss the article of impeachment against President Donald Trump, with a vote expected later on the same day. In a sign of heightened security, National Guard members assembled in the Capitol building in the morning, some tidying up their equipment while others lying on the floor of the Capitol Visitor’s Center to take a little rest. An hour before the chamber gaveled into session at 9:00 a.m. ET (1400 GMT), Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Twitter called for Trump’s immediate removal from office, saying the president’s “incitement of a deadly insurrection against the U.S. Capitol is without precedent in our nation’s history and an egregious violation of his oath of office.” “Fulfilling our oath to defend our Constitution requires that we act to remove him from office immediately,” the California Democrat said, tweeting via her “political account,” which has fewer followers than the one verifying her as Speaker of the House. The single article of impeachment to be voted today charged the president with “incitement of insurrection” over his role in last week’s riot at the U.S. Capitol, where a mob of his supporters breached the Capitol building,… Read full this story
- John Kelly Criticizes Trump 14 Months After Leaving White House
- Democrats seek leverage for Trump impeachment trial
- Pelosi names first-ever House whistleblower ombudsman director
- Can Trump Be Impeached for Impulsive, Ignorant Incompetence?
- Barr: Won't be 'bullied' by Trump on Stone case; jurors appalled
- 'My love. My champion. My rock.' Ivanka Trump gushes about husband Jared Kushner in a sappy Valentine's Day tribute - while sharing a picture of him gazing lovingly at her
- Recapping President Trump’s Best Week Ever
- Who is running for president in 2020? Donald Trump, and these 13 Democrats
- GOP senators too busy, unwilling to view impeachment hearing
- News Networks Cover Corey Lewandowski Hearing With Focus On “Impeachment”
U.S. House starts session on Trump impeachment have 319 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at January 14, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.