Video PlayerClose WASHINGTON, Jan. 15 (Xinhua) — The internal watchdog of the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) announced Friday that it will launch an investigation into the department’s preparation for and response to the riot on Capitol Hill last week. The DOJ Office of the Inspector General said in a statement that it will initiate a review “to examine the role and activity of DOJ and its components in preparing for and responding to the events at the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021.” The investigation, led by Inspector General Michael Horowitz and involving interagency efforts from the Department of Defense, the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of the Interior, will assess whether information of potential violence was shared by the DOJ to other agencies, including the Capitol Police, which was criticized for insufficient preparation for the riot that left five people – including a Capitol Police officer – dead. The probe “also will assess whether there are any weaknesses in DOJ protocols, policies, or procedures that adversely affected the ability of DOJ or its components to prepare effectively for and respond to the events at the U.S. Capitol on January 6,” the statement said. The Washington Post… Read full this story
- Justice Department watchdog to release report on Russia probe December 9
- Justice Department watchdog scheduled to testify on alleged FBI, DOJ surveillance abuses
- Graham launches probe into Bidens, Burisma and Ukraine
- Democrats slam Justice Department over Mueller report release
- Report: US Justice Department to Open Facebook Antitrust Investigation
- What the Justice Department Review Means for the Eric Garner Case
- No political bias in Russia probe, watchdog to say
- Trump predicts report on the origins of the Russia probe will be 'historic': Fox
- Trump predicts report on the origins of the Russia probe will be "historic"-Fox
- Federal Prosecutors Open Clergy Abuse Probe In Pa.
U.S. Justice Department's watchdog launches probe into Capitol riot have 296 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at January 16, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.