London (CNN)Coronavirus restrictions in England are “alas probably about to get tougher,” UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson said Sunday, as the country battles to rein in a deadly surge in coronavirus infections. In an interview on the BBC’s “The Andrew Marr Show,” Johnson was pressed over whether the restrictions currently in place in the worst-hit areas of England were doing enough, as hospitals fill up with Covid-19 patients. “It may be that we need to do things in the next few weeks that will be tougher in many parts of the country, I’m fully reconciled with that,” Johnson said. “I bet the people of this country are reconciled to that,” he added. Pressed to elaborate what those tougher restrictions might be, Johnson said: “There are obviously a range of tougher measures that we would have to consider. I don’t want to speculate, I’m not going to speculate now about what they would be. 2020’s alternative universe is not going away “Clearly, school closures that we had to do in March is one of those things (…),” he added, as the controversy over the government’s mixed messages over schools reopening continues to dominate the headlines. Read More Echoing his warning on… Read full this story
- Hungary to tighten coronavirus COVID-19 restrictions from September, says PM Viktor Orban's aide
- Boris Johnson promises ‘maximum caution’ in easing Covid-19 restrictions
- News Analysis: Easing of anti-COVID-19 restrictions in Iraq prompts concerns as total nationwide infections exceed 200,000
- Glamorous mum begs for help after being stranded in the world's 'rape capital' because she can't fly home due to Australia's harsh COVID-19 restrictions
- Ireland ramps up COVID-19 restrictions again as cases surge
- Irish health chiefs to consider if more COVID-19 restrictions needed
- Coronavirus: Covid-19 restrictions 'not about scaremongering'
- New COVID-19 Outbreak in New Zealand Rises to 17 Confirmed Cases
- Bahamas Prime Minister, Deputy PM Self-Quarantine After Possible COVID Exposure
- Spain Announces Nationwide Restrictions as COVID-19 Cases Surge
UK Prime Minister 'reconciled' to tougher Covid-19 restrictions as cases soar have 315 words, post on edition.cnn.com at January 3, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.