Parents have been left fuming at headteachers who told their children to play in the snow instead of taking online lessons on Zoom. As large parts of the UK were hit with snow from Storm Darcy, some headteachers took it upon themselves to call a ‘snow day’ for home school students, scrapping online lessons and telling children to go out sledding instead. One school leader boastfully said she ‘didn’t care’ about the reaction from already under pressure working parents, many of whom are struggling to deal with home-schooling as it is. Another even suggested working parents who had complained about the move were ‘ungrateful’. The row comes amid a huge clash between the Government and teaching unions ahead of the full reopening of schools in England after lockdown – with the Government currently pinpointing March 8 as a return date. The Government also plans to extend the school year in England, with Boris Johnson vowing to go ‘flat out’ to help children catch up on lost learning during lockdown. But unions last night pushed back at the proposals, insisting parents are ‘craving getting back to normal’, as they also faced accusations of using to Covid pandemic to ‘push for pay… Read full this story
- Chicago Teachers Adapting To Remote Classrooms
- For This Teacher On Chicago's South Side, Working Remotely Is A Balancing Act
- Italian lessons: what we've learned from two months of home schooling
- 'I have cried every single week': Bay Area teachers adjust to distance learning
- High school seniors get creative while also grieving this year's rites of passage
- Children stay at home amid coronavirus fears after their parents ignore Boris Johnson's advice - as nearly 630,000 sign petition calling for government to #closetheschools
- Megyn Kelly Recalls Telling Son Yates, 10, That His Teacher Died of Coronavirus: 'It Was Awful'
- Pupil and a relative in Devon are among three new coronavirus cases in UK as infection toll hits 39: Eleven schools shut after staff or parents fall ill, Kent NHS worker is diagnosed and Hertfordshire cancer clinic tests 20 patients after medic feared infe
- Schools WILL stay open after health bosses tell teachers to send home children with coughs despite calls for closures over coronavirus
- Coaches speak: Discussing the coronavirus pandemic, 2020 seniors, other topics :
Schools call an ONLINE snow day: Parents fume as teachers cancel Zoom lessons for pupils because of SNOW and tell kids to go sledging for homework instead as council boss begs for more students to be home-schooled because classes are 'over-capacity' have 361 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 9, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.