Getty Images It’s been a long time in the making, but Dak Prescott is now married to the Dallas Cowboys . The two-time Pro Bowl quarterback has agreed to terms on a new contract, sources confirmed to CBS Sports. It was an exhaustive negotiation for both sides that began two years ago and saw a mix of compromises and stalemates that led to a franchise tag being applied in 2020 and a second, more expensive one, looming in 2021. But the team achieved its goal of avoiding carving out $37.7 million on a second tag and instead secured Prescott for the long term. The official cap hit of Prescott’s new deal is to-be-determined once the contract is finalized and the structure is revealed, but it stands to reason the first year will be a lower hit against the Cowboys salary cap than if the tag had been applied , and the numbers are in on it as well — making for an easy preliminary calculation. Prescott stood firm and got his ask of four years, with a maximum value of $160 million with a record $126 million in guaranteed money, sources confirmed to CBS Sports. The total value can ultimately… Read full this story
- NFL free agency: 10 names to watch and quarterbacks on the move
- NFL free agency takeaways: 'Desperate' New England Patriots and Russell Wilson-less Chicago Bears
- Report: Tom Brady agrees to contract extension with Buccaneers
- Cowboys agree to terms with Dak Prescott on new contract
- Jason Garrett speaks on Dak Prescott's contract extension with Cowboys
- Mike McCarthy reveals how he found out about Dak Prescott's deal
- James White ‘Taking His Time’ In Free Agency
- Should the Cowboys have let Dak Prescott hit the open market?
- NFL Journal: Catching up with every team, post-primary free agency, before draft
- Report: Donovan Smith reaches contract extension with Tampa Bay Buccaneers
NFL free agency 2021: Dak Prescott, Cowboys agree to terms on contract extension with record $126M guaranteed have 295 words, post on www.cbssports.com at March 9, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.