From Dynasty Warriors and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, to Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and For Honor, our modern assortment of games certainly aren’t shy about exploring different cultures, and that’s the way it should be. After all, the issue of “representation” occupies a big sphere – it’s not limited to just gender and social stereotypes, but racial and cultural ones as well, and the first step towards mutual understanding is always getting to know the other party. But as diverse as the current selection is, there’s always room for more, and that’s what we’ll be exploring today: what are some of the cultures we feel haven’t been given enough attention in video games, or could be expanded on further? The model students Before we begin delving into the topic properly, we feel that there are some games that have already done more than their fair share of “cultural exploration”, so to speak, and such efforts are laudable. Accordingly, we’ve gone ahead and listed three of our top scorers in this regard. Assassin’s Creed With the Norse instalment, Valhalla set to arrive during the holidays later this year, the Assassin’s Creed franchise has certainly done a whole lot of globetrotting since Altair first made his debut… Read full this story
- Opinion: Germany never took Trump's troop threat seriously
- Toxicity in Gaming Is Dangerous. Here's How to Stand Up to It
- Why it will take a village to save our sons
- Oculus Quest 2 review: Facebook's $299 VR headset is one of my favorite game consoles
- To win in 2020 and beyond, Democrats need to face 1990s truths
- Why did HMV fail?
- Kriti Sanon on Sushant Singh Rajput’s death: ‘The blame game never ends, stop the gossip’
- Wrestling with the ghost of a Confederate general
- Swedish developer recreates New Zealand's Southern Alps for hunting game
- Last Christmas we lost George Michael. Now he’s an unlikely beacon of hope
Opinion: What cultures would we like to see more of in our games? have 317 words, post on www.asiaone.com at March 1, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.