New Delhi: There is a gap in the sales numbers of vehicles that the industry needs to fill to come closer to or even break the record of last fiscal year. Will it be able to accomplish this with the growing demand for vehicles despite having no major respite from the ongoing pandemic? While the industry is pegged to post its highest comparative growth of the fiscal as sales in March 2020 was abysmal at 1,40,910 units after the nationwide lockdown and the uncertainty over the looming pandemic. The carmakers in India have to sell 3,83,043 vehicles in March 2021 to reach last year’s sales of 27,73,575 units. This could be a mighty challenge because of the acute shortages of vehicles and limited availability of several popular models like Mahindra Thar, Hyundai Creta and Kia Sonet. In order to break the record, March 2021 sales needs to be higher than the all-time high monthly sales of 3,33,984 vehicles in October 2020, and that too by a steep margin. If the industry can post sales of around 3.36 lakh units, it will be in the range of 27.24 lakh units. Only still higher numbers would take it closer to last year's… Read full this story
- Bupa fined after details of 500,000 customers offered for sale on dark web
- Magic Monday: Fly to the USA from €99pp in our Top 5 travel deals!
- NTT Data Romania estimates an EUR 77 mln turnover for this fiscal year
- Bupa fined after personal data of 500,000 customers offered for sale on dark web
- Banbury shop allowed to keep licence despite illegal cigarette sales
- Equifax hit with £500,000 fine for data breach that left 15million customers at risk of fraud
- Goodwood Revival 2018 preview: step back in time for a magical weekend of motor racing
- Clouds gather for Europe in run up to 10th anniversary of financial crisis
- UPDATE 1-UK retailers suffer worst September on record - BRC
- Edited Transcript of INVE earnings conference call or presentation 8-Aug-19 9:00pm GMT
Will March be magical enough to breach last fiscal sales? have 313 words, post on auto.economictimes.indiatimes.com at March 10, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.