Kash Patel, the former GOP congressional aide who uncovered the FBI's surveillance abuse against the Trump campaign, is the target of a federal leak investigation, according to a report from The Washington Post. David Ignatius, a columnist for the Post, reported Friday that two sources familiar with the probe said that Patel is being investigated for unauthorized disclosures of classified information. The investigation was sparked by a complaint made by an intelligence agency, according to Ignatius. By his own admission, Patel has ruffled feathers in the intelligence community, FBI and Justice Department due to his aggressive efforts to unlock details of the counterintelligence investigation against the 2016 Trump campaign. Patel served as an investigator for Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee before joining the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) and the Defense Department during the Trump administration. While working on Capitol Hill, Patel played a central role in the investigation that uncovered details about the infamous Steele dossier, as well as the FBI's use of Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrants against former Trump campaign aide Carter Page. (RELATED: Kash Patel Explains GOP Strategy Behind The 'Nunes Memo') At ODNI, Patel helped push through the declassification of… Read full this story
- Nolte: Winners and Losers in the Debunked Russia Collusion Hoax
- Stone Indictment Undercuts Trump-Russia Collusion Narrative
- Adam Schiff Hires Prosecutor-Turned-Pundit Who Believes Trump Colluded With Russia To Investigate If Trump Colluded With Russia
- FBI Reportedly Investigated Whether Trump Was Working For Russia
- Michael Cohen testimony undermined Russia collusion narrative at 4 points, Tucker Carlson says
- ‘There needs to be a reckoning’ for those who spread Russia collusion narrative: Mollie Hemingway
- Sarah Sanders Smashes Dems' Investigation Of Trump: They're Terrified Their Narrative Is Falling Apart
- Trump-Russia collusion did affect an American election — the one in 2018
- Devin Nunes rips Democrats for 'needlessly' provoking Trump-Russia collusion 'crisis'
- Top 10 Propagandists Who Pushed Russia Collusion Hoax
DOJ Is Reportedly Investigating Ex-Trump Official Who Debunked The Russia Collusion Narrative have 312 words, post on dailycaller.com at April 16, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.