Rescue workers gather at the site of a metro train accident after an overpass for a metro partially collapsed in Mexico City on May 3, 2021. At least 13 people were killed and dozens injured in a metro train accident in the Mexican capital on May 3, the authorities said. AFP/VNA Photo MEXICO CITY An elevated metro line collapsed in the Mexican capital on Monday, leaving at least 15 people dead and dozens injured as a passing train came crashing down, authorities said. Security camera footage broadcast by local media showed the carriages plunging towards the ground in the south of the city. “So far we have 15 people who unfortunately lost their lives,” Mexico City Mayor Claudia Sheinbaum told reporters at the scene. The city’s civil defense department said on Twitter that around 70 others were injured in the dramatic accident. Dozens of emergency workers were seen trying to rescue victims from the carriages. But the work later had to be suspended because of fears the wreckage was too unstable. “For now the rescue has been suspended because the train is very weak. A crane is coming to continue” the work, Sheinbaum said. Part of the train was hanging… Read full this story
- Preliminary report blames construction errors for deadly Mexico City metro collapse
- Probe finds new defects after Mexico City metro crash
- At least 24 dead after Mexico City subway overpass collapses
- Mexico Earthquake: More Than 200 Dead as Buildings Collapse
- Mexico Earthquake Death Toll Climbs as Dozens Sleep on Streets
- 25 soap spoilers: Coronation Street death, EastEnders secret exposed, Emmerdale Kim dead, Hollyoaks kidnap horror
- Phillip Adams took six lives, and then his own. How many more were ruined?
- Coronation Street spoilers: Sudden death, serious illness and killer exit
- Tear gas, clashes in Beirut amid fury over massive blast
- Who is Maya Henry, the model engaged to Liam Payne?
15 dead, dozens hurt as elevated metro collapses in Mexico have 297 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.